Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Unit Testing ASP.Net with Visual Studio 2008

Joe Chung: Unit Testing ASP.NET with Visual Studio 2008

Here's something I'm looking into. There are testing frameworks included in .Net platform (unit testing, database testing, web testing). While I've used unit testing, the other two should be pretty interesting to investigate into.
I'll be looking into ASP.Net unit testing first.
From a short glance at the page the link above points to, I see that the testing framework is pretty simple and, seemingly, effective. I enjoy writing unit tests but also tests that represent real user behavior. This framework looks interesting.
I guess the database testing framework has its aces in the sleeve as well. Some database scripting capabilities would be useful, for example.
These three together should offer some amazing opportunities to test complete products, their data, and web presentation.

No comments: