Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Crappy Mesh

Oops!
There are problems with Mesh.com if you want to synchronize your web sites. Everything was fine until I played with Expression Web and started using templates. This feature requires the metadata to be stored for each web site. Turning this on (similar to previous FrontPage behavior) causes the folder containing the web site to disappear from a shared Mesh folder.
Since I have a whole bunch of changes on the web pages and templates now, I need to find a way to store them back online and synchronize with the laptop. Hopefully this can be solved by sharing each of the web site folders separately instead of sharing their root folder, which contains all my web sites.
Well, let's give it a go...

...

This seems to have fixed it. Phew! Now I can keep web sites set up for the usage of templates AND synchronize them. Good, back to work.

No comments: