Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Change My Documents and Program Files to Storage and Storage Card

Nice tweak for Pocket PC. It effectively locks the Storage and Storage Card for one of these folders, meaning that syncing the PIM data to Storage will not work, probably.
My Documents are synced with desktop, so there's a backup mechanism.
Program Files, on the other hand, require more space than Storage offers (at least on my phone) so that option is out, still requiring the use of a backup program. Backup program requires Storage Card, so it goes round and round.

File System Tweak - Page 5 - xda-developers

Currently, I have moved all my docs to the SD card, backup the rest. Sync the card manually by placing it into laptop's SD card reader. Let's see what happens after the next hard reset.

No comments: