Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Android Device Manager won't start

Today, all of a sudden, AVD Manager won't start, giving the

FATAL:.//android/base/sockets/SocketWaiter.cpp:88:Check failed: isValidFd(fd). fd 1132 max1024

error. The issue seems to have something to do with the network:

Issue 102361 - android - Emulator will not start, fails with Check failed in SocketWaiter.cpp:89 - Android Open Source Project - Issue Tracker - Google Project Hosting

So, the solution is to run the emulator with parameter "-http-proxy none" or specify a real proxy.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am specifying a valid proxy server, but I still get this message. Any other ideas?

Seems like Google busted this in the recent update to their emulator tools.

Alen's Australia said...

Well, the answer is both yes and no. :)
Yes, I got the virtual device up and running so I can run and debug apps.
No, there is no network. Simply because the setting says so.
Even when I use the correct proxy settings, just like in your case, the emulator won't run. I thought our network admins blocked the traffic by header or something like that but, after your post, I'm beginning to doubt it.