Pages

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Fedora 17: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum

Running updates for Fedora 17 on a slow connection and after I reset the repositories, I started getting the above error. I assume the reason is that the mirrors that get selected for the download of repolist.xml and the database are different and, hence, the database hash does not match the one in the repolist.
To solve this, I'm using dl.fedoraproject.org as the primary URL for the fedora repository until the repolist and the database are downloaded.
If you get the above message try "yum clean all" although some mention that "yum clean metadata" should be enough. Then, in the fedora.repo, comment the line for mirrors and add a new line for the baseurl and add a desired mirror URL. I went straight to the source, with:
baseurl=http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/$releasever/$basearch/os/
#mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
After the database is downloaded, I enabled the mirrorlist line and disable the baseurl so the updates continue as usual.

No comments: