Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Google Chrome Wood Theme

I finally found the wooden theme for Google Chrome. Well, the reason I did not have it before was not so much that it wasn’t there (among the themes) but because I had not seen it earlier. Here is what it looks like. Now I pretty much have the functionality I got used to in Firefox over the years. The theme is available here.
image

Update 2012-04-15: The theme is called Desktop and here is the direct link to the store.

Update 2014-11-12: The theme can not be found in the store anymore. However, it is still available for download through this direct link to file.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this theme. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey I clicked the word here and it took me but after sometime it disappeared and there was no wooden theme only others.I'm going to close google chrome,do a ccleaner and open and see if it works.

Anonymous said...

Thanks sooo much! Can't use Chrome without this theme. I lost it and it's not in the store anymore. I have downloaded it now for any future loss.

Anonymous said...

For some reason this theme got uninstalled from my Chrome a few days ago, thanks for this. I discovered that when unpacking the extension (rename to .zip and extract) and then loading it as unpacked from chrome://extensions with developer mode checked, Chrome complains about the manifest version, which might be the reason it gets deleted. Changing that to 2 without quotes and adding "version":1, seems to fix the issue and might also prevent future automatic removal for a while.

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot! I woke up to realize that the theme had vanished and nowhere to be seen on the store. This has restored it back. Thanks once again!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much! Yesterday I was upset very much, when realized that this theme is gone on all my devices. But thanks to you, it's back!