Pages

Thursday, March 05, 2009

BK ReplaceEm Freeware download and review - search and replace tool from SnapFiles

This software is the best free search & replace utility. I am trying to find the easiest way to maintain a static-HTML web site. For now I am using Web Expression's template pages but these are not enough for what I want. They provide only one level of customization because of their approach. They have a template and a page based on that template. What I want is to use templates for providing the main menu to all pages but also to have groups of 5 or so pages share a common smaller menu. These smaller menus are different among these groups of pages. Now, to do that, one approach would be to use search & replace utility to change common portions of the web pages in the folder.

I will try that and see how it goes...

BK ReplaceEm Freeware download and review - search and replace tool from SnapFiles

No comments: