Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

BeWeather & Widgets - Android Apps on Google Play

This is now definitely my favourite weather app for Android. It does not run as service, unless you want it to. As a service, it can be set to auto update. Each location can have its own update interval. And the temperature can be shown in the notification bar.
But, since I don't like apps running as services, I prefer to update when I actually open the app. BeWeather can find your location and then show the weather data from the nearest Weather Underground station. Once the location service is disabled, the location will remain cached in BeWeather and the weather will be updated for that location.
Other locations can also be added by simple search. There are beautiful weather animations for those who like extra visual experience. I'm quite happy with static images, which are also pretty.
There is also the animated satellite image for selected location, daily forecast for next 7 days, hourly forecast for the current day, sunrise and sunset times, and maybe a few more things.
However, all the stuff above is more than what I would expect from a decent weather app and this is it. After about a month of usage, there is not a single thing that is wrong about this app and that makes it onto my favourites list.

BeWeather & Widgets - Android Apps on Google Play

No comments: