Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Google Search Classic in Chrome for Linux

One more annoying thing that requires a tweak. Google Chrome's default search displays the Mobile version of the results page. That is a page without all the filtering options in the sidebar that I'm so used to by now.

I'm not sure what is the reason but the solution is simple. What I did on Linux is to add a new search engine, called Google Classic, with the following URL:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&nomo=1&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=%s&oq=test&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_l=hp.3..0l10.4172l4442l0l5141l4l4l0l0l0l0l129l363l3j1l4l0.

Now Chrome opens the Classic version of the results page. Note that not all of the above parameters might be required but I see no reason to clean them up. Another thing is that I have Safe Search off in the above case.

No comments: